YOUR Wellness Triangle is comprised of 3 things that determine what your QUALITY OF LIFE will be like today and every day for the rest of your life.
- Physique (Trauma/Injuries/Posture/ADL's)
- Nutrition (Daily Body Fuel)
You have "0" control over 1 of these parts, roughly "50%" control over one of these parts, and "100%" control of one of these parts……..read below to learn more.
1. Your Genetic Makeup:
- You were given the body that you have.
- Each of your cells in your body has a specific DNA code that is specific to you and you alone.
- Not one single person in the world will ever match your DNA code precisely.
- Our DNA code defines our eye color, hair color, voice, organ function, muscles, ears, nose, etc…
- You have ZERO CONTROL of what your genetic makeup is.
2. Your Physique
This includes all the trauma or injuries in your life as well as your daily posture.
Trauma/Injuries in life happen to people for 2 reasons:
- Destiny – a prime example of this is my fraternity brother that died recently from getting struck by lightning. He was practicing softball with a group of men and a storm formed practically instantly. They all ran for cover towards the dugout, and he was the only one, of several men, to get struck by lightning. This was obviously his destiny.
- Human Error – An example of this is a family driving home that gets struck by a drunk driver. The drunk driver obviously made a colossal mistake by getting behind the wheel, and the family was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Posture and ADL's (Activities of Daily Living) can have a tremendous influence on your quality of life: sleep positions, computer positions, driving in a bouncing truck 400 miles per day, jumping out of airplanes, lack of exercise, carrying around a heavy purse or book sack, ETC.
- Bad ADL's/posture leads to gradual cumulative stress on your body and ultimately lessens your quality of life.
- You might have 50% control over how your trauma, injuries, posture, and ADL's affect your overall quality of life.
3. Your Nutrition
- This consists of all forms of nutrition including, but not limited to, the liquids, foods, drugs, vitamins, and supplements that you ingest each day.
- It's crucial for you to properly FUEL and MAINTAIN your body each and every day for optimal health support.
- Getting HIGH QUALITY FUEL every day will allow each of your body's several trillion cells to efficiently function longer, which ultimately will give you a longer lifespan with a higher quality of life.
- You have 100% control, ideally, on how this affects your overall quality of life.
Which of the 3 parts of the triangle is MOST IMPORTANT:
- Genetics? Physique? Nutrition?
- Ask yourself a question, "Which one of these 3 do I have 100% control of?"
- The obvious answer is your NUTRITION, which is all forms of nutrition including, but not limited to, the liquids, foods, drugs, vitamins, and supplements that you ingest each day.
Why is Nutrition SO Important?
- Your body is made up of several TRILLION cells. Each cell in your body has a specific function and responsibility.
- These cells need HIGH QUALITY FUEL each and every day in order to accomplish all of their daily tasks.
- Illustration: "A Bug's Life"----The trillions of cells in your body work like ants in a colony. Each individual ant is very small and doesn't move very fast, BUT each ant has a very specific responsibility to help maintain the ENTIRE colony of ants. Remember the one ant in the colony of "A Bug's Life"……..he forgot to do his job and as a result, he put his entire colony in jeopardy of being killed.
- What I'm saying is that if even one cell is not fueled properly, your body will not run as efficiently as it can or should.
Years of inadequate nutrition can cause irreversible damage.
- This means that hundreds, thousands, millions, or even trillions of your body's cells are NOT functioning properly. Inadequate "fueling" also causes the physical signs of aging that we are all too familiar with.
- Inadequate "fueling" (or nutrition) is what many people are experiencing right now in our country.
- Even though Americans spend more money on healthcare than any other industrialized country, our average lifespan ranks #42 in the world (MSNBC, 2007). Furthermore, Americans spend the most per capita income on healthcare, (see Figure 1 below)**.
Figure 1: The Cost of a Long Life
My theory on WHY America's health is declining:
- Based on the old adage, "You will reap what you sow."
- For each day for the past 50+ years, Americans have eaten a combination of the following:
- Less than 2 GROCERY bought fruits
- Less than 3 GROCERY bought vegetables
- MANY, MANY processed foods and liquids.
- Maybe a couple of Laboratory-made vitamins or supplements.
If you combine this TERRIBLE DIET for all these years AND all these other things:
- STRESS: Americans are stressed with the world's instability, the weakening American dollar, the loss of thousands of dollars on retirement plans, job cuts, declining housing market, etc.
- SLEEP DEPRIVATION: Americans sleep less than most people in the world.
- LABORATORY-MADE PRESCRIPTION DRUGS: Americans take more prescription drugs than any other country on the planet. If they worked, we would definitely have the longest lifespan.
- LABORATORY-MADE PILLS: Americans have been brainwashed to believe in so called "MIRACLE DRUGS" or "HIGH DOSAGE VITAMINS" that are made in laboratories.
- MUTATING PATHOGENS: Viruses, bacteria, yeast, fungus, cancer, and other pathogens keep mutating and getting stronger and attacking our bodies.
Why am I telling you this?
- BECAUSE…..You are only given one body…….one time.
- You need to take control over what you put into your body each and every day.
- FUEL your body better each and every day. This is the one thing in life that you have full control over to determine the level of your long term quality of life.
- You have an obligation to your Creator and you also have an obligation to yourself, your family, your friends, and your co-workers to take care of your body to the best degree possible.
- This will allow you the longest time on earth to accomplish whatever it is that you are supposed to do.
Continue to Treatments...
*The use of Tylenol®, Motrin®, and Ibuprofen® are logos, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Use of these logos, trademarks or registered trademarks in this website is for reference only and does not imply any connection or relationship between Dr. Chris Cormier or his websites.
MSNBC.com (2007). US ranks just 42nd in life expectancy. Associated Press. Retrieved on July 27, 2009 from http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20228552.
**UC Atlas of Global Inequality (2006). HealthCare Spending: Large Difference, Unequal Results. Retrieved on July 27, 2009 from http://ucatlas.ucsc.edu/spend.php.